Energy Data Management Services
EDMS – Manage Energy and Sustainability Programs More Effectively
You have to measure energy in order to manage it. And these days the most sophisticated companies are taking a more ’hands on’ approach to energy management by utilizing Tradition Energy’s proprietary Energy Data Management System (EDMS). Our EDMS brings transparency to energy data usage and spend and helps our clients make more informed, relevant energy and sustainability decisions, and reduce costs. The EDMS is a tool that enables proactive management of energy usage and spend through detailed billing analysis and reporting. Using energy data management services systems, we work with our clients in the collection, data entry, audit and management of their utility information and use it to drive performance improvements.
- Historical usage consumption and expenditures
- Budget variations
- Established benchmarks and performance measures
- Third-party supplier contracts
- Indirect emissions from kWh usage for Carbon Dioxide (CO2), Methane (CH4) and Nitrous Oxide (N2O)
EDMS can help your company improve energy management by:
- Developing energy budgets and forecasts
- Analyzing trends and variances
- Assessing contract performance
- Identifying utility billing errors
- Recovering past overcharges
- Correcting ongoing billing mistakes
- Avoiding charges for unused services
- Reducing your current tariff rates
- Managing multi-site utility information
EDMS helps you manage energy inside your company through security settings and password customizations that provide users with data access at various levels. Tradition Energy’s data security and system reliability is maintained in-house and ensured through our global network infrastructure and disaster recovery redundancies.
The best way to evaluate the power of Tradition Energy’s EDMS tool is via a live demonstration. To request a demo, please click here.
Utility Bill Auditing and Rate Analysis
These services help organizations identify utility billing errors and recover costs from past invoices and from ongoing expenditures related to more appropriate delivery tariffs. Utility bill audits can be performed on historical bills and on a “going forward” basis. Service areas audited include:
- Tariff analysis optimization;
- Eligibility for beneficial tariff riders such as economic development discounts;
- Rate trials;
- Pilot programs;
- Bill compliance with service contracts;
- Potential metering irregularities requiring meter testing;
- Potential cost-reductions from combining (or splitting) services;
- State & local taxes and franchise fees;
- Sustainability and renewable energy surcharges.
Utility Bill Processing and Payment Services
These services involve everything from mail handling, to bill auditing, expediting late notices and eliminating fees, to data feeds and compliance with client proprietary systems and finance standards. The solution also includes a robust reporting mechanism that will provide the following:
- Analytic Reports: Variance, tolerance, benchmark, bill analysis, rolling 12 months, load factor, weather, gap/overlap, meter/rate change, and others
- Financial reports: Processed or paid bills for a specified time period listed by sites or to specific vendors. Reports cover transactions, funds requested, processing performance, late fees, bill adjustments, missing bills, balance due, and others.
- Environmental Reports: GHG reporting calculates Greenhouse Gases based on a selected Emission Source(s). Global Warming Potential (GWP) is calculated for selected emission types, and then converted to metric tons of CO2. Recycling reports display the number of pages of paper that are recycled on the client’s behalf.
The best way to understand the full potential of Utility Bill Processing and Payment Services in reducing energy costs is via a live demonstration. To request a demo, please click here.