Join OMNIA Partners, Public Sector (subsidiaries National IPA and U.S. Communities)
Register to become a Participating Agency
Already a Participant?
OMNIA Partners, Public Sector participants must request Tradition Energy as a supplier.
Maximize Savings On Energy Expenditures While Improving Procurement Efficiency
Many public organizations that buy energy don’t realize that rates can be competitively bid or how the volatility of electricity prices can impact their overall energy costs. Depending on market conditions, using an energy advisor can reduce overall energy costs or stabilize rates, so budgeting is easier and sustainability goals are addressed. Even in states where energy is not deregulated, services such as analyzing tariff rates and auditing energy bills can identify opportunities for saving or improved efficiencies.
About OMNIA Partners, Public Sector
Tradition Energy & OMNIA Partners, Public Sector Make Purchasing Easier
OMNIA Partners, Public Sector (subsidiaries National IPA and U.S. Communities) is the nation’s largest and most experienced cooperative purchasing organization dedicated to public sector procurement. Our immense purchasing power and world-class suppliers have produced a comprehensive portfolio of cooperative contracts and partnerships, making OMNIA Partners the most valued and trusted resource for organizations nationwide.
Through the economies of scale created by OMNIA Partners, our participants now have access to an extensive portfolio of competitively solicited and publicly awarded agreements. The lead agency contracting process continues to be the foundation on which we are founded. OMNIA Partners is proud to offer more value and resources to state and local government, higher education, K-12 education, and non-profits.
The OMNIA Partners, Public Sector Energy Consulting and Management Services Contract #2018-017 with Tradition Energy gives procurement professionals access to comprehensive energy risk management and procurement services with access to competitive pricing. This contract has been competitively solicited by the City of Mesquite, Texas, and the contract fulfills bidding requirements.
Using Contract #2018-017 allows you to meet requirements for competitive solicitation and eliminate the need for RFPs, making it easier and faster than ever to secure the energy procurement services you need to control and reduce costs, including:
- Market Research & Intelligence: Tradition’s unique wholesale energy market presence results in more timely responses to market conditions and price changes and leads to savings opportunities for members.
- Strategic Risk Management: We work with you to identify the factors and risks that impact financial results and energy procurement decisions and recommend pricing options and implementation strategies specific to your organization’s objectives.
- Energy Procurement & Supply Management: 84 electricity and natural gas suppliers currently compete on Tradition’s online pricing system. Tradition can process more transactions at a lower cost and more suppliers are seeking your business because of our scale. The result is more competition for your business.
- Data Management & Reporting: All of Tradition’s market research, the energy market price data and your agreements will be available to you in our on-line database accessible through our secure TEAMView energy data management portal. Tradition offers a data management and reporting service that is invoice driven and tracks usage, cost, carbon and includes budgeting, forecasting, and performance monitoring tools.
- Tariff Rate & Tax Analysis: With any new utility account and even existing accounts, it makes sense periodically to review the tariff rate for correct billing, especially if usage has materially changed. Tradition will identify costly utility billing errors and recover overpayments from past invoices and from ongoing expenditures related to more appropriate delivery tariffs or tax exemptions.
- Bill Processing & Payment: These services allow you to reduce overhead costs by outsourcing everything from mail handling, to bill auditing, expediting late notices and eliminating fees, to data feeds and compliance with client proprietary systems and finance standards.
- Sustainability: In the sustainability area, we assist with renewable energy procurements through renewable energy certificates (RECs). We can also assist with the procurement of solar energy for on- or off-site platforms.
- Demand Response (DR): If you have the ability to shed load on demand or have backup generation, we can assist with procuring a Demand Response program and either improve the current revenue stream from an existing DR program or create a new one.